5 Essentials When Creating A Small Business Website
For small businesses, it’s important to have an online presence. As you begin the process of building the ideal website for your small business, it’s important to consider several key elements. Below are a few of the essentials.
- Sticky content: What is it that separates you from your competitors? Show off the best parts of your brand by highlighting unique content that is “sticky” right onto the homepage. Well designed products feature highlights,show consumers what you have to offer and are a great way to peek interest. To keep your audience hooked, be sure to make it easy to navigate your site, and include enticing graphics and information to keep people engaged.
- Video: Lengthy descriptions and instructions get boring, and consumers can lose interest fast. Video is a great alternative to text. Not only will the audience be more willing to stick around for a visual, but a video also makes your small business look professional too.
- Call-to-action: Along with a great product description, a call-to-action button leading to a pricing page is essential for converting potential customers into buyers or subscribers. Users should be able to easily navigate your site while they are directed to the purchase point. Easy navigation combined with a powerful call-to-action to is a basic way to increase conversion.
- Testimonials/Featured Articles: Testimonials and featured articles are great way to highlight positive feedback. Show potential customers exactly what they can expect from your small business, and make them feel confident that they are making the correct decision to purchase from your website.
- Blog: A blog is a great place to share relevant tips, trends, thoughts, and company updates. . A blog is a great way to educate potential users about your industry, and also a way to engage with your audience whether it’s current or potential customers.
- Social media plugs: You don’t want users to have to search for you on social media sites. Instead, include plug-ins from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. right on your website. Make it easy to share your sites great content.
Remember to reevaluate these elements on your site even if they already exist!