Does Your Synagogue Accept Online Donations?
More and more non profit organizations are using websites, Facebook pages, or twitter to increase donations. If donations are a key goal of your synagogue, then you need to make your website as donor friendly as possible. The odds are that your synagogue is already at full capacity, with very little free time to spare. So what are the alternatives for busy and overworked non-profit organizations?
There are several simple steps that your synagogue can take to make to offer a great user experience while keeping your website as donor-friendly as possible. These are the ideas that came to mind:
1. Your website: How would you rate your website compared to others? Is it easy to find the donation page from your home page with a “donate now” button?
- Some of the websites I visited only linked to the donation page from their home page. A donation button on every page would make it much easier to to donate.
- Many websites I visited looked like they had not been updated for years, which led me to wonder if the synagoge was even in business. This is a big turnoff, and would make me hesitate to donate. Many wonder if your non-profit is well-run or if you are even still in business.
2. Your donations page: What does your donations page look like?
- Does your donations page offer me the ability to submit donations online and offline? It’s important to keep things simple. Make it as easy as possible for your donors to give.
- Does your synagogue suggest gift amounts on your donations page? Have you ever tested other ways of listing donation levels to see if they increase the size of your average on-line gift?
3. Organization Contact Information: Is your organization’s address on your donations page?
- Many websites make it difficult to locate the organization’s mailing address. It’s frustrating when you have to search for “contact Us” pages and navigate away from the donations page.
- There are many easy fixes non-profits can apply to their online giving system, but this is a good place to start. Donors expect the donation process to be simple.
Is your website as easy and donor-friendly as it can be?