We’re Trying An Experiment – Will Small Businesses Support Us?
We just launched a new experiment this week on indiegogo to gauge the demand for small businesses apps. You can show your support by contributing as little as $1 and by helping us spread the word!
Check out the snippet from our campaign below!
Why Do Small Business Apps Suck so Much?
It’s tough out there for small businesses. Fighting against the deep resources of larger corporations is no easy task, and every day is a fight to stay afloat and move forward. We know this because we’ve started and ran small businesses too. In fact, we still do. We need inventory, scheduling, account management, supply management, billing and invoicing and all the things that large companies require, but we just can’t find anything that is either specific enough for our business or low cost enough to work. Or even just works.
We’ve tried many of the apps for small businesses, and to be honest; they stink. They’re too cumbersome. Too generic. Too difficult to use and set up. Require spending hours customizing it to your business, and even then, they don’t work well. And they’re too expensive.
Bizelo wants to change that.
The Project: 34 Industry-Specific Apps in 12 Months, For around $30 a month
Here’s a snapshot of the industries and apps we’re looking at:
- Online and Traditional Retail:
- Multi-Store Inventory Management
- Super Simple Supply Management
- Set it and Forget It Accounting Sync
- Low Cost and Easy Returns Management
- Basic Franchise Management
- Loss Management and Control
- Field Service Management
- Scheduling and Dispatch for:
- Plumbers, Electricians, Security, and HVAC Contractors
- Maid Services
- IT / Geek Services
- Field Reporting and Surveying
- Non-Profits and Religious Organizations
- Membership Management
- Association Management
- Church Management
- Synagogue Management
- Volunteer Management
- Fund Accounting
- Real Estate
- Home-Owners Association (HOA) management
- Building / Property Maintenance & Management (Facilities)
- Common Area Maintenance Management
- Construction Management
- Construction Estimating
- Construction Accounting
- Job Costing
- Auto Repair
- Auto Body
- Equipment Maintenance
- Building Maintenance
- Tool Management
- Animal Health & Veterinary
- Kenneling Scheduling
- Equine Industry
- Veterinary Records Management
- Veterinary Supply Management
- Veterinary Scheduling