Bizelo FAQs and Tutorials: Items, Orders, Syncing and Integration
Inventory Management Overview
Bizelo Inventory Management App
- We solve items, orders, syncing and integration problems for eCommerce merchants.
- We built Bizelo around the fact that many people need to track their inventory across multiple warehouses, online web stores, and physical brick & mortar stores.
- See our overview video: Bizelo Inventory Management Overview
Does Bizelo track shared inventory among multiple stores?
- Yes, Bizelo can track shared pools of inventory, where one sale decreases the available amount of inventory for every store in that pool. As long as the two items share the same SKU, then when a quantity adjustment is made to the item in one store, it will be adjusted in the other.
How do I track allocated inventory among specific stores?
- Bizelo can also track allocated pools of inventory, where sales from one store do not decrease quantity in any other store.
- We track individual store quantities in a field called “quantity in my stores” (formerly “quantity available”).
- See our blog post: How do I set up shared or allocated inventory in my stores?
Does Bizelo track inventory across multiple warehouses or storage facilities waiting to be shipped or fulfilled?
- Yes. We track these quantities in a separate field called “quantity on my shelves” (formerly “quantity on hand”).
What do you mean by “Quantity in My Stores” and “Quantity on My Shelves”?
- Quantity on My Shelves is used when you are Picking items for fulfillment. This is so you can keep track of how many items are actually sitting in your warehouse waiting to be fulfilled.
- See our blog post: What is the difference between “Quantity On My Shelves” inventory and “Quantity In My Stores”
- We only sync Quantity in My Stores with your online stores — this is the ONLY quantity that the ecommerce stores care about. Your stores don’t care how many of your items are sitting on your shelf – they want to know how many are available for them to sell!
Items Orders and Syncing
What do you mean by sync?
- We have two kinds of sync: automatic and manual.
- Automatic syncing happens whenever an order is received or an item quantity is changed in our system. When that happens, we automatically push inventory changes to all the linked systems.
- However, we don’t detect changes to inventory quantities or new items that you create in those ecommerce platforms. When you make those changes in those systems, you have to go to the Stores tab and click on Sync Stores so we can manually sync (and here, we mean “import”) those items in order to get them into our system.
- We keep the inventory between multiple ecommerce stores in sync without overwriting product descriptive data. We sync by pulling data into Bizelo and then pushing out quantitity numbers, not descriptions.
What is being synced, and what’s not?
- We only sync the information that we need to manage inventory across multiple channels
- Our system maintains the information necessary to keep track of that item’s inventory quantity
- We store basic information such as Item name, SKU, description, available quantity etc..
- We keep inventory quantities (amounts) in sync without overwriting product descriptive data.
When and how do you sync my inventory?
- After you first set up your e-commerce store in Bizelo, go to the Stores tab and click on the Sync Stores button. [See our note on what we mean when we say “sync”]
- We pull down all your inventory items from your ecommerce platform into Bizelo. We don’t import all the fields of data in your system, however. We just import the fields for data that we track in our Bizelo Inventory Management app.
- Every item needs a SKUs (Stock Keeping Unit) in our system. If you have not put in a SKU in your ecommerce system,we will create one using the listing or item ID that comes from that system.
- If you have multiple stores that have the same items and are configured to share their inventory quantities, we are able to keep those quantities in sync as long as the SKUs match on those systems.
- Whenever an item changes quantity in Bizelo, we automatically push that quantity change to all of the ecommerce systems configured in Bizelo that have that item.
When and how do you sync my orders?
- We also automatically pull in your orders. In most cases, our system installs a webhook to get automatic update of orders from your ecommerce stores
- We push quantity and order fulfillment status changes back up to your e-commerce system.
Can I create new products in Bizelo and push them to my Stores from Bizelo?
Will Bizelo push any product descriptions I change in Bizelo to my Stores?
Well, then where do I put my new products or make non-quantity changes I want to appear in all my stores?
- Create your new products in each store in which you want that product to appear
- To bring these new products into Bizelo, just go to the Stores tab and click on the Sync Stores button. In a few minutes, those new products will appear in our system.