How to Capture the Attention of Holiday eBay Shoppers with These Tips!
We just came across a great post on eBay’s website to help sellers maximize their eBay listings to help grab the attention of holiday eBay shoppers with these Tips!
Here’s an outline and a snippet from the eBay’s selling resources section.
- Start with a great listing
- Maximize your item title
- Load up on pictures, they’re free (Motors Vehicles excluded).
- Price it right!
- Offer free shipping, and make sure you ship fast
- Set a competitive return policy
- Use item specifics
- Include unique product identifiers
Provide prompt customer service throughout the season
Always respond to buyer questions within two business days. Download the eBay mobile app and answer buyer questions from wherever you are. And whenever possible, be sure to use eBay member-to-member email, as it protects you by documenting your communications with eBay in the event of a dispute. And starting in October, you’ll be able to include up to five pictures in your My Messages email.
Prep your eBay Store for the holiday rush
As the holiday season approaches, make sure you have the right eBay Store subscription for your holiday sales. Depending on the sales volume you expect and the reporting and marketing tools you need, it may make sense to upgrade your subscription to save on fees and increase your holiday profits. Check our Fee Calculator to see which package best suits your selling activity.
Take advantage of all the great marketing tools that come with an eBay Stores subscription (learn more by visiting ebay.com/stores):
- Create a holiday-themed header for your eBay store. Set up holiday categories like Gifts for Her, or Gifts Under $25. You can even add holiday-themed promotional boxes highlighting special offers, new items, holiday sales, and more. With the Listing Frame tool, in one click, you can add your store header, search, and category navigation to all of your item pages.
- Include links to your Store within your listings and use keywords throughout. Search engines look at every area of your store, so optimize your pages with keywords that are likely to attract buyers.
- Promote your Store and build repeat business with email newsletters using the free Email Marketing tool that comes with your Store subscription.
- Customize promotional flyers that advertise your Store, highlight interesting products, and promote your sales and special deals—and be sure to include them in every shipment.
Make the most of social media before the holidays
Spread the word about your business, build a community with people who share your passion, and give your customers a way to connect with you—all of which can pay off in customer loyalty and repeat sales. Best of all, you can set up a Facebook page for your business, tweet about your store, and blog to your customers at no cost. Start building your social network on Facebook and Twitter now—and have buyers in place for the holidays!