Top Places to Find Suppliers Online
Finding the right suppliers for your business is crucial to your success. Good suppliers will provide you with great service and products, and make it that much easier to succeed with your online business. We featured an article a few days ago about what to look for when choosing your suppliers, but where can you find these suppliers? Here are the top places to find suppliers online.
- Original Manufacturers- If you are carrying branded products in your online store, the first place you should look for suppliers is the original manufacturers of your products. They might not sell to you if you’re not going to be placing large orders, but you can then ask them for a list of reputable distributors. This will give you the best chance at finding quality suppliers and low prices.
- B2B Marketplaces- B2B (business to business) marketplaces are great for finding wholesale suppliers. The biggest B2B marketplace is Alibaba. It has a large number of manufacturers and wholesale distributors, most of them based in China. B2B marketplaces in the US include Global Sources and . There are many others which you can easily find by searching for B2B marketplaces.
- Google- Believe it or not, finding reliable suppliers can be as easy as simply performing a Google search. Do a search for suppliers in your industry, and be sure you include the product you want in your search. You should be able to find a number of distributors.
- Trade Publications- There are a wide variety of trade publications out there that target various industries. Subscribe to the ones in your industry, and you should find countless advertisements for suppliers and manufacturers looking to supply your business.
- Networking- While most online business owners are not likely to reveal their suppliers, with time you can learn a lot about suppliers by networking. Join online forums and build professional relationships; with time you can learn a lot about the best and worst suppliers out there.
- Trade Shows- Talking face to face with a manufacturer or distributor can give you a great idea of the service they can provide. Trade Shows are awesome because they give retailers a chance to meet manufacturers and distributors and discover a lot of great options for supplying their online store. You can find trade shows by browsing Trade Show News Network, or by searching for them online. Meeting suppliers face to face gives you a much better feel for them than just viewing there information on the web.
For great solutions to all your supply management needs check out the Bizelo eRetail Supply Management App, and make supply management easy!